Introduce Yourselves Here

Hullo everyone. I’m chris. I’m a noob or not so much. I’m still learning pentesting.
Every day. Have my virtual machines installed, pretty decent laptop with a new SSD M2 drive and an Alfa WiFi adapter.
I’m reading books and trying to follow step by step tutorials. It can be overwhelming most of the time.

Georgia weidman book is the must read book even though out of date.
My goal is to become an infosec guy.
I reckon a job will be hard to get because I don’t have any certification but is something I want to have once I am ready to pass the exams, ceh or oscp more likely.

I want to help community because l love to help as much as I got helped when I didn’t know how to turn on a computer.

And although I don’t have a CS background, I studied something else in college, I feel easy and comfy around computers and in the IT industry.

Thanks for the help fellas.

1 Like

Hai, I’m in Sri Lanka…and studying electronic telecommunication engineering…I’m complete in CEH v10 and a lot of cisco certifications. How can I help you?

1 Like

Hey everyone! Well I’ve been into cybersecurity since forever and I’m in highschool rn, I occasionally (on a daily basis) learn a thing or two and well I am really into penetration testing and just cyber security in general. My least favorite part about cybersecurity has to be networking, don’t get me wrong networking is really fun but sometimes I just find it really hard and considering I also have to balance my school life aswell, doing extra studies is easier said than done. Well I decided to finally join a forum as I thought there could be people I could talk to, as no one around me is into cybersecurity. I look forward to working with y’all and am really pleased to be a part of this community

1 Like

Hi
I work in the IT field as a support engineer . I work on Level 2 and Level 3 Help desk issues and also support Operation on the manufacturing floor . Trying to get my hands on OT cybersecurity and how imp it is maintain the operation for Production . Things like Scada , Hmi PLCS etc . I am fresh into cybersecurity and trying to learn Pen testing and then work my way into OT cybersecurity. I have couple of certifications as a system admin .
Thanks

1 Like

Hello!
I am am I.T. hobbyist, I’m pretty good at computer peripheral work, but a beginner to ethical hacking. I have recently been the victim of hacking exploits which has motivated me to learn as much as I can about ethical hacking and cybersecurity, so that I can protect myself and my family in the future.
Thanks for having me. I look forward to sharing and learning from everyone.

1 Like

Hi everyone, my name is Lexi! I’m currently slowly making my way through an AAS in Cybersecurity at a mostly online school. Since it’s online and my instructors completely suck ass at replying to emails/calls I’ve been falling behind and google is a bit overwhelming. I’m hoping that I will be able to find all the help and support that I need here. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all, ive joined this forum as a means of resource for developing my knowledge and skills in cyber security. im a qualified (but not practicing) secondary school computer science teacher for GCSE and A Level. I dont have a computing degree, i studied law, but I managed to blag my way into teaching computer science off the back of a BTEC (IT Practitioner) that I took way back in 2007. I have a boring job, i work in social housing, and I want a piece of the cyber security salary pie. I can do basic functional programming in Python. im familiar with computer systems and most people consider me a whizz on computers. Those people being my colleagues who struggle to access email, so, anyway as I was saying… ive joined to steal your brain power, skills and knowledge to further my career evil laugh thanks for having me

1 Like

Hi all! I am a cybersecurity student who also works in cyber analytics. I’d like to think I’m pretty good at cryptography and OSINT, but hope to gain more skills in malware analysis and reverse engineering. I’m hoping to have a chance to network and gain support for my journey within this field! Feel free to reach out to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am dx0x00. Don’t bother pronouncing it, I can’t pronounce it either.

Let me just say that hacking as a whole fascinates me and I’m ever curious to learn more.

I am doing hackthebox, tryhackme ctfs and many other stuffs. Look forward to learning more from the community and also give back to the community.

Thanks for having me here!

1 Like

Hello everyone,
As my name suggest 0xN3OPhyte I am new to all this but I am learning fast currently I am going through comptia a+ syllabus to know bits and bytes of a computer and from there I will make my way up to networking and stuff.

I also have a bachelor degree in medicine and surgery. My dream was to become a doc but computer is my passion. I always wanted a computer from school days because I am fascinated about it but other than using pc in school I don’t had any other way. Now I have one. I am watching alexis from a very long time and I like the way he explains in vedio.

1 Like

Hi :-)) My name is Mark. I am 65 years old, and have been in the U. S. Navy since 1971 continuously and am now retired. (From the Navy) I have been using various Linux distros since it was necessary to buy Red Hat boxed sets because the dialup internet was too slow and unreliable to download it. I have also been a truck driver and trucking company owner until a few weeks ago, when the poor economic conditions forced me to close that business and stop driving. I am a very hard worker. In the Navy a typical work week was over 100 hours, and truck driving was comparatively easy, probably averaging 60 to 80 hours per week. I am not in an emergency situation, I can survive for weeks or months on my savings from the trucking business, but I would like to get some money coming in as quickly as practicable. I am willing to do anything that is not illegal, evil, or mean. Computers and programming have been my favorite pastime since I first encountered them in high school around 1974, at which time they immediately relocated me from the art room to the computer room. I am probably not anywhere near as good with computers as the foregoing might lead someone to believe, because my experience with computers has been very sporadic and eclectic. I have a lot of experience with Linux system admin and network admin, and quite a bit with web servers too. My Navy pension pretty much covers my child support payments, so I just have to cover my living expenses, which are not very high. The programming language with which I am most familiar is perl, and I have dabbled with shell scripting, php, javascript, html, css, and even a smattering of c, lisp, and haskell. I like to do my programming in emacs and I have a very good gaming laptop with Kali on it. I also have a 24" tv from walmart which makes a fine monitor, and quite surprisingly to me, was connected to by Kali (almost) without any trouble!!! I am looking for any help and advice, first and foremost about how to wade through the incredible amount of videos and other Info on this site. Thank you all in advance :-)))

2 Likes

Hey im 19 years old and just starting out to learn coding and pentesting.
Hope i can do my part in this community and am eager to make new friends and connections =)

1 Like

hii guys i m here to learnt about it more. i have just basic knowlege of it and i want to become a professional of this thing.i m finding people’s related to this field.