Best wireless adaptor for ethical hacking?

I am thinking to buy a good wireless adaptor, the list of aimed features are as follows:

1. Supports monitor mode & packet injection
  2. Long range
  3. Dual band
  4. Portable
  5. Supports Linux OS like Kali, parrot, wifislax

Need suggestions, please only suggest that wireless adaptor that you used personally.

Also note, I am not a son of Bill Gates, and also as I am a teen, I need a affordable adaptor.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I recommend leoxsys for such case. https://www.flipkart.com/leoxsys-leo-hg150n-usb-adapter/p/itmdpxwbwxt5zk2y

2 Likes

Good one :slight_smile: but only problem is that it is not dual band :frowning:

But will manage, as unable to find good deal under 1000

Finded best adaptor i.e panda pau06 but it’s quite costly

Anyway thanks for suggestion

One question, have u tested it your self, and is it working fine with parrotsec

It worked fine but on Kali Linux. Parrotsec is a rolling distribution which is why it has stability issues and is very buggy. Can’t tell about Parrotsec but works fine with Kali Linux. Also if able to then contact the seller and ask for compatibility with other devices.

According to seller it should work on any Linux and as u said, works fine in Kali Linux.

Finally Ordered the adaptor, os is not a big issue for me

But it would be great if it works on all my favourite Linux OS like elementary, parrotsec and Kali.

Hope I would not regret after buying it

For now thanks again :slight_smile:

glad to help you buddy :+1:

When it comes to selecting a wireless adapter for ethical hacking, there are a few factors to consider. The main features you should look for in a wireless adapter for this purpose are:

1. Compatibility: Ensure that the wireless adapter you choose is compatible with the operating system you are using for your ethical hacking activities. Most popular wireless adapters support Linux distributions, which are commonly used in ethical hacking.

2. Packet Injection and Monitoring: Look for a wireless adapter that supports packet injection and monitoring. These features are essential for activities like capturing packets, analyzing network traffic, and testing network security.

3. Range and Signal Strength: A wireless adapter with a good range and strong signal strength will allow you to perform ethical hacking tasks from a distance, giving you more flexibility in your activities.

4. Antenna: Consider a wireless adapter that has an external antenna or the ability to connect an external antenna. This can help improve signal strength and range.

5. Driver Support: Make sure that the wireless adapter you choose has good driver support and receives regular updates. This will ensure compatibility with the latest software and security tools.

Based on these criteria, one popular choice among ethical hackers is the Alfa AWUS036NHA wireless adapter. It is compatible with Linux and supports packet injection and monitoring. It has a detachable antenna, providing flexibility in terms of range and signal strength. The Alfa AWUS036NHA has gained a reputation for being a reliable and powerful wireless adapter for ethical hacking purposes.

Remember that ethical hacking should always be conducted within legal boundaries and with proper authorization. Ensure that you have the necessary permissions and adhere to ethical guidelines when using wireless adapters or engaging in any hacking activities.