How To Get Started With Hacking

I am a absolute beginner to hacking. Can anyone suggest me what should I know before starting it. Where should I start and how should I start it ?

5 Likes

@rishugkp688 According to me no one can guide you. It is your passion that makes you stand out of the crowd. Don’t do it because you wanna impress your friends by flaunting your hacking skills or you want everyone to be scared of you beacuse you use the word hacker with you. Do it because you like it, do it because it is you passion. Remeber to master you linux, networking, etc skills necessary to be a hacker. Here are some great links that will guide you in the world of hacking:

4 Likes

I am very passionate about hacking that’s why I’m learning it and thanks @D4rkhunt3r I was just needing a place to start. So, thanks again

2 Likes

welcome to the hackers community . first of all i would like to mention that hacking is not something that you can master overnight , it requires a lot of time . you need to learn a lot of programming languages such as c programming , python programming , bash scripting , javascript etc … yes , i agree that you can also hack things without even learning all these things , but you will remain just as a script kiddie . if you really want to be a elite hacker , then it is important for you to learn all the programming languages . And also you should have a deep understanding of how data packets flow through a Network and how routers , switches , bridges , servers work . You should understand computers from the silicon stage to binary bits. you should be able to build some hardware components such as wifi jammers and mobile phone jammers , and also try to exploit vulnerabilities with in a system without watching any youtube videos, here i mean that you should try to find bugs yourself , Hackersploit is a youtube channel where you can get some amazing knowledge.

12 Likes

Thanks you are helping me a lot.

you must search on internet you can’t be a hacker by learning few things you must learn day by day any new things if u want a any ideas u can ask

One piece of advice that I would give is that when you are looking for tutorials or such things to learn don’tt use the words hack or how to hack x or hacking and so on.
Word it as penetration testing or something similar or you will get a bunch of bullshit or some malicous pages and script results.
Telling a search engine you want to learn about penetration testing will give you much better results since every script kiddy that wants to make peoples lives miserable is going to use the keyword hack in their searches and urls.

8 Likes

@NuBz your advice helped me

Glad I could help.
Still learning myself but the search thing was one was something I figured out early on.

1 Like

Hacking is not a joke
But if u r dedicated then its not a rocket science
Learn basics of linux first then programing languages like
Shell scripting python c++ at least one programing language
And learn daily and daily to become a pro

And do it to help others not to impress some one

Thanks

Expect us

@Darknimbus1 I have learned many things but when I try to implement it I fail in that could you suggest me what can I do

Can anyone suggest me how to write manual python code for hacking

Build your own virtual lab and start experimenting. You can install different OS in your virtualbox, practice testing using kali (which has a lot of inbuilt tools).
Work on scripts, python is an easy language to start with(with basic knowledge ) of programing.
Read books, articles and stay updated with latest hacks, cyber attacks, and vulnerabilities. Never try to hack without the owner’s permission, also, never perform any attacks on government organization, you may land up in some serious trouble.
Lastly, never give up. These things need time and skills. So practice… practice… practice.

3 Likes

My best advice is research. Google is your best friend a soon as you login in to your computer.

What I do is watch videos. Lets say I watch HackerSploit video on XSS, then I research on Google the topic on multiple websites from multiple sources to get the best understanding and and then I test either on my VM or on my Kali laptop.

Play with the tools, get familiar with the hacking terms. Research, research and research again and I guarantee that in 6 months from now you will not believe how much you have learned and how much things you can do. You will not be an expert but you will then be able to answer newbie questions!!

Good Luck

In my opinion first of all read about hacking, I mean get theoritical knowledge about hacking by reading books on hacking, this doesn’t make you a hacker(on-hands) but it does help to give you some concepts that will guild you. A book like “Ethical Hacking by tutorial points” will help.

After that you need to learn a programming language(optional but will make you an elite amongst others)
Then learn about networks, systems, learn hacking tools. Start developing a hacker’s mind set(pen testing)

Now how do you learn all these?
Either you do so traditionally by finding a hacking academy in your region and attend classes, or you watch free hacking videos on YouTube or you buy a hacking course on Udemy.

Now the ultimate path to become a hacker?
After all these, is to practice man! You have got to practice! To me learning hacking with the above procedure will take a whole 1 year(including learning one programming language).
But mastery takes years, let’s be conservative here. Mastery takes 3years with practice.

The above is how I started and how I learnt.
#myopinion #imsilent

1 Like

I am learning c++, can it be helpful regarding hacking?

At my opinion,you should learn python which is very good for hacking and bash.
But there are also some others like sql,javascript,xss etc which are very important if you want to hack a site’s database and staff like that.

Learning Python and JavaScript both are equally important. Python is a current trend and will continue for coming few years until a new language takes over. JavaScript is important as it has greater carrier opportunities and wide range of usage. Also you will need JavaScript in order to hook browsers and users PC to make your control on them by issuing malicious JS codes. One of the most known: XSS attack.

1 Like

You just hit an arrow in the correct direction. Accurate answer and detailed enough, easy to understand for begineers.