How to scan for malware in Parrot OS?

How do i check for viruses and other unwanted piece of codes in Parrot OS ?

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean, could you please elaborate further?

1 Like

I actually want to know that is there any way to ensure that my Linux PC is protected from virus and other sorts of codes? Like we have many options available for Windows platform. Are there such options for Linux too?

I would recommend the following:

1 Like

Alexis hit the nail on the head with his recommendations. In the case of ParrotOS I would say Chkrootkit. I would also recommend not to use a security auditing distribution as an everyday use/personal OS. It is a good practice to set up your pen-testing virtual machine exactly the way you want. Then take a snap shot of it. Each job you do use a new snap shot. When your finished delete the used snap shot. Of course this is my own opinion.

4 Likes

You can try Lynis😉

Also I am making a program for Linux (especially Kali and Parrot) which has many features like scan system files, unknown files, links,IPs, finds your system and CPU vulnerabilities etc.
I call it SecCheckProject. It’s not yet published but it will be soon.
You can follow me on Twitter to be notified for it’s progress and release news​:wink::+1:
https://twitter.com/chr_jim

1 Like

There are several third party linux antivirus scanners and removers for Debian and other linux flavors.

Rootkit hunter is good for Unix systems.

2 Likes

rkhunter is a more advanced option as it INTENSE scans your ENTIRE system,

chkrootkit only checks for rootkits known specifically to the application chkrootkit, best thing to do is use as many softwares as possible to scan your linux distro.

install rkhunter : sudo apt-get install rkhunter -y