Making WIFI Hacking Great again, stimulating the WIFI-Hacking Community 2022

I have enjoyed the concept of Wifi Hacking but it seems we have hit a wall. I’m gonna be honest and and say, methods and tutorials for WPS Pixie Attacks, Airgeddon, Wifite, Aircrack, Dictionary attacks through hashing even has become pretty over saturated over time and has led to little to no success. Due to this issue below I will put my thoughts on the current attacks/methods I more or less understand with an additional comment to think about to make better posts for the future so it does not become clutter over time and then something on Frag Attacks in regards to Wifi-Hacking which has caught my eye.

PS: The comments are aimed toward obtaining Wifi Passwords. I understand pretty much all the tools mentioned do their job and do it well. Its about the “Passwords” part of Wifi-Hacking that seems a bit empty and stagnate lately, In My Opinion.

Dictionary attacks - Takes too long even if hashed. What kind of recon would one have to do to help a dictionary attack be better prepared to Bruteforce.

WPS attacks - Besides bashing on the fact that with every 6-12 months WPS attack success feels like it will hit 0% eventually excluding demo tests, You can have a Network say WPS enabled but if it’s not configured how would you know? How do you properly fine tune your wps pin attacks so you don’t get timed out as much or worse locked out or strategies around it. (While technically this information is out they don’t make it easy to understand and it’s the same as nothing.) Not mentioning fixing glitches or maybe legit reasons why common wps cracking scripts are always stuck on 1 pin testing it over and over.

Evil Twin Attack - Cool and all until you realize that the “victim” has to go through a login page and convince them which even them which is literally only for clues… it’s especially difficult that even if they log a possible password or… a kind of credentials not having internet makes it suspicious but there’s a way around that.

ARP Poisoning Relay attack - Nearly the same results as the Evil Twin attack but, This is easily detectable on certain networks and you could get flagged/blocked.
Man In The Middle Attack ^

Krack Attack - nearly the same thing… ARP related, but Relaying a network without the SSL Strip in URL. -This is not really for Wifi passwords though

Mac changer - Usually used only for Wifi with Login pages, Paid wifi… and things of that nature but slap in some regular WEP/WPA/WPA2/WPA3 password and Poof method is terrible.
-Although… there is some theoretical usage of Authentication with this on regular WIFI networks but I have not seen any solid documentation yet.

Now for something I would like to see on user posted experiments and tutorial steps for achieved results and how to stay anonymous also while performing such attacks as always with every attack (Usually people do not make their tutorials intertwined with those critical steps for the real world.)

Frag Attacks:

What Are Wi-Fi Frag Attacks and How Can You Protect Against Them? Short for “fragmentation” and “aggregation”, Frag attacks allow hackers to bypass firewalls to inject code into Wi-Fi traffic. A new set of vulnerabilities known as Frag attacks have been discovered in Wi-Fi-enabled devices.

A website that rather you clicking on my link I rather just search the necessary keywords on your favorite web browser to get to the same place to reduce risk in general for you as a user.

https://www.fragattacks.com/

This website has a ton of documentation of this kind of attack and recently I got an understanding on the attack. Even though this is a great source and Youtube has 2-3 videos on this attack by the same person, It’s more of a demo where not everything is explained in the best way possible. Simply because it’s a demo, not a tutorial.

This is their github: GitHub - vanhoefm/fragattacks
-same warning in regards to the link above…

I attempted to “install” everything I needed but it may be the high level vocabulary of Linux related devices and interfaces and directories and… dependencies but like many I struggle to grasp everything at once especially when it’s prepared. I’m not saying I need baby food information but… this is pre-processed information and yeah I’m trying okay…
Regardless of this the Official demo they have is very interesting how this works, While this is technically not… “New” Wep/Wpa/Wpa2/Wpa2-PSK/Wpa3 is… Vulnerable and it’s a 50/50 shot per AP router and idk about you but knowing how things are usually around us… these are pretty good odds for a documentation with some factors accounted in regards to your target. Anyway I would appreciate more research on this by the community because I think it’s great and I would love to see a Well-Put tutorial on this.

Appreciate any support of the matter. Point is to dumb down the documentation and information and create assembly line tutorials for this so it’s easy for everyone to do and replicate.

-Potentially idk Just something I wanted to bring up. So to fill in the blank of the question of the topic and all the details mentioned, anyone want to take this by the horns? or make topics for each attack method on improving secure prerequisites for them and additions to the new things to go on about doing to get more chances of the success of a particular attack?

3 Likes

I’m just starting looking into networks and security (extremely new), however, I need to know how to gain access to an iPhone on my Wi-Fi?

There seems to be an iPhone that keeps logging on my network, even though I’ve changed my password, and at this time I just want to know if there is a way for me to get in their device since they are using my Wi-Fi? Idk where else to go.

TIA

If you know there is a stranger IPhone on your network, you can just install NetCut on Windows OS, which has a Free version forever and ARP Poison and Jail the IPhone on your network. Also you could Log into your Router and Black-List that IPhones IP or Mac Address and Keep an eye out on what happens and How many devices are connected to the Network. Computers/Phones/Tablets/IOT/Cast-Devices/Wifi-Extenders.