Network adapter for beginners

Hi, I’m a student and I’m just entering the huge world of cybersecurity. At the moment I have a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it works decently. Looking at different penetration testing tutorials I see that many recommend to buy a network adapter, so you can have the possibility to use the network card in monitor mode or do packet injection. The laptop’s network adapter can get into monitor mode (unfortunately I have to reboot the computer to get it back into managed mode), but I haven’t tried if it supports packet injection yet. Would you advise me to buy a network adapter, obviously not a very powerful one (at least for now), although it can already do several things? Thanks in advance

I am very satisfied with my Alfa network adapter Model: AWUS036NHA.

MoCA adapters and network extenders offer throughput speeds of up to 2.5Gbps and are perfect for removing dead spots in your network. They are an excellent way to improve a home or corporate network without installing new wiring since they work off of existing coaxial cables. They offer high security, too, and are relatively simple to install. Whether you want to stream your videos at the highest quality possible, up your online gameplay or improve your company’s efficiency, MoCA technology can help.

1 Like

For beginners, a good network adapter to start with would be the TP-Link TL-WN725N 150Mbps Wireless N Nano USB Adapter. It is affordable, compact, and easy to install. This adapter provides fast and stable wireless connections, making it a great option for basic internet usage and online activities such as browsing and streaming.