Pen Testing Hardware suggestions

I would like some advice on a good computer to install Kali linux to do all my Ethical Hacking.

Right now I have an Imac with 8 GB RAM, a Raspberry Pi 4 with 4 Gb RAM and a 2014 laptop running windows with 8 GB RAM. Could I use one of them just for Pen testing or is there systems available just to do what I want to do.

I saw that the PI 4 can now install Kali, is this a good suggestion or is my laptop the best choice if I remove Windows and install Kali on it?

Thank you for your advice.

Kindly before you start you must think first. for my opinion is better to install on your laptop running 2014. @Rdizazzo

Thank you for your answer.

You can also check Parrot OS which requires less ram :wink:

One more suggestion is that the Raspberry can be your practice target by testing attack methods (you can even make it a local server and try to bypass platforms protections you have installed on it👌

Good answer’s gentlemen.

Get Ubuntu or Debian and install it over your Windows laptop. Start using that as your everyday Distro. Install VirtualBox or VMware on your host. Then install and try out different penetration testing Distros. When you find the one you like create a live USB of it and install over your earlier choice of Ubuntu or Debian. You could also just create live USB’s use those and keep the Ubuntu or Debian for everyday use. Either way will work out great. Anyone else have suggestions?

1 Like