Introduce Yourselves Here

Hello everyone. I just became CompTIA A+ certified last month and looking to begin my career in IT. My goals and plans are to get into Cyber Security and become an ethical hacker. I am very excited to be a part of this community. Thanks for having me!

3 Likes

@ethcl-n-ntr Welcome to the community. What do you think was the hardest part of the exam?

The hardest part of the exam were the questions I still wasnā€™t prepared for. For example, I studied hard remembering the newer peripherals but the exam had more legacy peripherals that I studied but not as much. Another example, I made sure I got very familiar with printers and the printing process but the scenarios the exam provided made me feel like I knew nothing about printers

2 Likes

Hello.
I first found Alexiā€™s tutorial from youtube search and after that I was hooked on it.
Learnt a lot of thing which were not so much available on youtube before.
I am a 19 year old kid who wants to learn a lot about computers and itā€™s security.

2 Likes

''Welcome I hope you find what your looking for."

Thank you

1 Like

@AlashAls Great! What kind of steps have you made to accomplish this goal?

1 Like

Hello fellow ethical hackers!

I currently work in IT as a Desktop Support Technician. I have recently completed certification as a AWS Solutions Architect. I am looking forward to progressing my career in Cyber Security, specifically penetration testing.

I am excited to increase my knowledge through this community.

Stay Frosty :snowflake:

2 Likes

Congrats! Hope you carry on! I am A+ Network+ and Security+ Certified by CompTIA. I got my certs back in 2009 (are they still for life?) and its a good start to entrr the certification race!

Nice to meet you as well as, Welcome to the group @Frosty. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish there were still for life. They must be renewed every 3 years now. Thank goodness there are several ways to go about renewing them

1 Like

@Frosty very nice to meet you. Welcome to the community. Keep working hard.

1 Like

I would recommend to go to Network+ afterwards, Security+ is nice but I have set my goal (eventually when I am not doing another thousands of projects to make a living) on Pentest+ by CompTIA. You can of course pick your path but that was my

Whoami? Iā€™m Jurgen, dad of 2 wonderful daughters, Iā€™ve been a hacker (as in ā€œhackerspaceā€, ā€œtinkering with hardwareā€, ā€œshare knowledgeā€, ā€œcuriosity didnā€™t kill the catā€) for over a decade and Iā€™m a professional ethical hacker since nearly a year now.

Good@ Iā€™m good at being curiousā€¦ My favorite question is ā€œwhat would happen ifā€¦ā€ and this has gotten me into bits of trouble every now and then, but also gave me the biggest joys tooā€¦ Professionally my strengths are Social Engineering and web pentesting.

Worse@ Meh, not gonna tell you here :slight_smile:

CommunityMeanz As Iā€™ve been enjoying the Hackersploit videos on youTube from the very beginning, I hope to delve a bit deeper into the topics discussedā€¦ maybe even occasionally add my own blossoming insightsā€¦

3 Likes

Fantastic @JurgenG Excited to have you here. I love social engineering as well. As they say in security people are the weakest link. Look at the recent Microsoft Outlook breach. Welcome to the community. Would love for you to share some knowledge on social engineering and tools.

Hey MoNsTeRā€¦ People are the weakest linkā€¦ itā€™s such a clichĆ©, but people can and should also be your strongest link. Letā€™s aim for that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My ultimate goal is to get my Certification in Ethical Hacking and become a PenTester. I am 38 years old and had a long long break from when I first went to college until now. I will finish my Associates next month and graduate and will finish my Bachelors in August. Where I think I need most help is first with a good refresher on Networking and such but mainly with things like using Wireshark to scout the traffic for intrusions and how to understand the captured packets. I also need a bit of help with reading log files for analysis. Like how to separate out the information to find what I need. I am hoping to gain as much information as I can so that I can start getting my Network + , Linux + and Security + Certs for starters.

2 Likes

@krypt0 Welcome the community krypto and stick with it. Read Read Read.

Another late bloomer I see :slight_smile: I got my bachelors in electrical engineering when I was 31 and finished my Masterā€™s at 33. Glad to have you on board!

Hello guys. I am relatively new to cyber security, but I have had a bit more experience in programming (python, C++, HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP) I recently came across videos from hackersploit, which peaked my interest in the subject and I have learnt more and more since. I have also taken a couple of udemy courses which have helped increase my skill set.

I definitely need to work on learning more in the subject in general. While I have learnt to use other peoples tools for pen testing, I would eventually like to make my own.

I hope being part of this community, I become better at this subject in general, not just in the practical sense, but also taking time to really understand how everything works theoretically. I hope overtime, I can give back to the community by being knowledgeable enough to answer peoples questions and so on.

2 Likes

@Hubert Welcome to the community. Stick around the community is growing fast here and so is the quality content. Is there anything related to coding that you would like to do a topic on? Maybe something you felt was difficult to learn but figured out.