Introduce Yourselves Here

Hi, I’m Richard. I’m Dutch but I live in Portugal. My first computer was a Commodore 65 When I was a kid. Later I started with Windows 95 and sins Windows XP I turned to Linux Ubuntu because cowboy land was over and I was fed up because the restrictions. In the old days I used to steal and crack Microsoft software together with a friend who teaches me a lot. Till the early morning, sometimes for days we tried and tried till we get it and then we drink a case of beer to celebrate our victory.
Linux made me happy again because I had the feeling the computer is mine again.
I’ve got a good feeling with understanding computers and I help many others around me with fixing their devices. I learned the Linux command lines and know my way in Dos and power shell, but never get lessons how to. Just figured out my self. Google is sometimes your friend and the Linux community is very well documented.
I’m interested in ethical hacking because today it matters a lot. Governments and companies watching us and I really care about our safety and privacy. And I’m just new here. So there is a whole lot to work on and to learn for me. I’m staring from the scratch and hope to find here some answers and help if needed.
At this moment I’m moving to another house and stupid Vodafone closed my internet connection a week ago so I have to do it with a wifi hotspot for the next seven days, so I can’t do a lot.
Till so far…
Thanks,
Richard

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @lostname1011 And @erdee. Glad to see more new people. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the community @shideoomaar10 @Zirius @lostname1011 @erdee I would like to see each of you make a topic on the thing you consider that you do best. Whatever it may be even if it is not related to hacking.

1 Like

Hi everyone, am here to learn so as to be a professional experience in this great community !!! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Hello @esco1 Welcome to the group :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the community @esco1 Can you tell us a little more about yourself?

1 Like

Just here to learn and have some people to babble to Haha.

I don’t like revealing much about myself online though i have in the past
So what hardware I run os I run and specifics about my machine is off limits.
Well I know i let it slip the other day that one of my old laptops runs Debian LoL.

As far as background well we’ll see what I happen to slip up and let out here and there Hahah

Had to post in this thread because I was tired of the forum software telling me there was a new topic or unread topic and it was this one hald the time.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Group @NuBz :slight_smile:

Hi @NuBz!!! Thank’s for participating in the community.

I’ve actually been here for a few weeks now Mouse I just haven’t gotten around to posting here until now but thank you much for the welcome.

1 Like

We know, as we have been watching you @NuBz ,Lol.:joy:

Oh great.
First google and the nsa now you guys too.

1 Like

Hey there. I am Calamas.

I’m a student who has just finished up with college, I was enrolled in CCNA so you can get an idea about my knowledge of systems and ability to configure them. My hobby is to pick up a piece of tech and repurpose it. My dream job would be to become an IT administrator, you’re constantly learning to keep yourself up to date with the latest technologies and how they work. Like, you can have a certification but once 1-4 years pass new technologies have already come out and you yourself are also outdated when it comes to knowledge.

My real dream is to keep learning. Many of my skills before CCNA were self-taught out of passion. I find it fun to repurpose or extend the functionality of devices and so I hack literally everything in sight that I can get my hands on! But if I had some things that I could work on it would be my knowledge of Java and C++ as a programmer, writing things and creating apps is so fun! I don’t have Python down my sleeve yet so I may take a few online courses for it in the very near future.

I am exploring this community today to see what I can learn from it! I love HackerSploit’s videos and just when you think he doesn’t have something covered, you search videos on YouTube and there they are …

2 Likes

I am exploring this community today to see what I can learn from it! I love HackerSploit’s videos and just when you think he doesn’t have something covered, you search videos on YouTube and there they are …

Hello and welcome to the community @calamas. I look forward to seeing more from you Enjoy your stay and ask lots of questions. :slight_smile:

@calamas Very cool. Keep that mind open the way you think is how great things are uncovered or invented. It is a great mindset to have. Welcome to the community.

I love to hear about younger people having such a desire to learn.

Just never give up on what you want to do and it will happen or it won’t but at least in the end you can say you tried.

Hi.
I’m Mara from Los Angeles. I’ve been in IT and as Network Engineer for roughly 7 years and I’m looking to transition to a Security Engineer.
I’m pretty good with all things networking, but my coding skills suck.
I’m interested in learning more about pentesting and python coding in particular.

I look forward to interacting and learning as much as possible

2 Likes

@mhart Hello and welcome to the group. I am glad to see more new people joining us, As it give’s me more people to learn from as well. I look forward to seeing/hearing more from you. Jump in and enjoy yourself. :slight_smile:

@mhart Welcome to the community. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Go Dodgers!!!

@mhart Welcome to the site.